Stuff & Things
- Major update: he’s still missing and now there is an actual CAT DETECTIVE on his case. I sort of love and loathe that this profession is real and I really hope she tracks him down. We learned (from a neighbor, not the detective) that he has gone into their house and stretched out on the couch like he owned the place. He entered through a cat door and the cats who lived there just sat there looking at him like WTF. Another neighbor found his collar caught on a rock. Feeling hopeful!
- I hiked 11+ miles through Muir Woods & Mount Tam today. Walking through a forest might be the most immediate and effective therapy I’ve ever experienced. I’m feeling so much better. I’m sure there are plenty of John Muir or Thoreau quotes that articulate this more eloquently but for now you get my stream of consciousness. I will do a full write-up with pictures and references to scientific studies and inspirational wilderness quotes tomorrow-ish.
- New Horizons completed its flyby of Pluto today and I’m looking forward to seeing the images. In particular, the high-resolution color images that will be released a few months from now.
- The New Yorker has an incredibly well-written, engaging, and informative piece called “The Really Big One” in this weeks issue. Its making the rounds on social media and it’s clear from many of the comments that people aren’t actually reading it. I think you should actually read it. I found it fascinating and terrifying. I will not be moving to Portland.
- The Peanut Butter Company in NYC makes really delicious Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter.
- I love my friends and feel really lucky to be surrounded by people who inspire and support me in ways I never thought possible.